by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
Continuing the recipe blog with this week’s 20 pounds of organic tomatoes, today’s recipe guide to roast tomatoes is a simple way to very easily cook tomatoes. Chop a few veggies and roast for in the oven with tomatoes for about 1 ½ -2 hours.
This batch of tomatoes was cooked intuitively with a few ingredients from this week’s farmers’ market. And, while the tomatoes were cooking, I really enjoyed the natural sweet aromatherapy of the sauce that reminded me of an authentic Italian restaurant.
- Red peppers
- Orange carrots
- Green onions
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice peppers, carrots, and green onions.
- Place all veggies in a large baking pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a few pinches of sea salt.
- Lightly toss the veggies.
- Roast for about 1 ½ – 2 hours, stirring and breaking down tomatoes occasionally.
This tomato sauce was so rich I enjoyed it on flatbread, and topped it with arugula, dehydrated tomatoes, and goat cheese. Enjoy your tomato sauce with flatbread, quinoa, or spiralized veggies.
The next time you roast tomatoes, please share your creations with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating