By Melanie Albert, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition, Intuitive Cooking Expert, and Award-Winning Cookbook Author
I was so excited to intuitively create this farm-to-table recipe with the POM BOX with the Pomegranate Café in Ahwatukee and Rhibafarms in San Tan Valley, Arizona.
This recipe is inspired by the range of roots and the fennel in the POM Rhibafarms Box. Veggie Bowls are popular and we can prepare a really quick veggie bowl with a simple roasting technique where we cook all veggies in a pan or two. Cook a whole grain and make your own tasty Veggie Bowl.
Let’s take a look at the POM Rhibafarms Box…
Closer look at the POM Rhibafarms Box
POM Rhibafarms Quick Roasted Veggie Bowl
INGREDIENTS from the POM RHIBAFARMS BOX
- Rhibafarms: Carrots, rainbow radishes, broccoli, fennel, green onions, red beets
- Pomegranate Café: Flaxseed Crackers
QUICK ROASTED VEGGIES
- 2 red beets
- 1 fennel bulb
- 5-7 yellow carrots
- 3-5 green onions
- 5-7 broccoli florets
- 5-7 mini-peppers
- 1 purple sweet potato
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp dried spices: Your choice: Mediterranean Blend, Southwest Blend
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice all veggies into bite-sized pieces.
- Place veggies into baking pan.
- Place purple veggies (sweet potato, beet) into baking pan.
- Place all other veggies into separate pan.
- Drizzle both pans of veggies with olive oil, spices, and sea salt.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Mix veggies.
- Roast for another 12 minutes.
- Use veggies in veggie bowl.
Fennel Almond Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2-3 fennel bulb slices
- 1/3 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 cups water
- Pour all ingredients into medium pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer.
- Cook covered for 15-20 minutes, until all liquid has been absorbed.
Plating: Create your Veggie Bowl
- One-by-one place brown rice and veggies into bowl.
- Garnish with the Pomegranate Café Flaxseed Crackers.
A fun video of the creation of the POM Rhibafarms Box Veggie Bowl.
A few more recipes created with the POM Rhibafarms BOX:
- Arizona Winter Greens Saute Recipe
- Cabbage: Two Ways
- Broccoli Cauliflower Flatbread
- Broccoli Cauliflower Fig Salad
- Orange Pepper Pilaf & Greens Radish Salad
- Farm-to-Table Arizona Veggie Tacos
Purchase Melanie Albert’s award-winning cookbook, “A New View of Healthy Eating: Simple Intuitive Cooking with Real Whole Foods”
COOKING CLASSES AT THE FARM AT SOUTH MOUNTAIN IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Purchase Tickets for Raw Farm-to-Table Plant-Based Intuitive Cooking with Melanie Albert and Soil & Seed Garden Farmer Billy Anthony. The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona, Sunday, April 7, 2019, 10:30am-1pm
Thanks to Natural Awakenings AZ magazine for featuring my Plant-Based Chocolate Pie on the cover and Plant-Based Dessert recipes in the January 2019 issue.
PUBLIC COOKING CLASSES AT THE MARICOPA COUNTY LIBRARIES
I’m honored have been leading hands-on cooking and yoga classes with the Maricopa County Library District since 2016. For the Winter Reading Program, the class focuses on Mediterranean Plant-Based Culinary. We’ll be preparing Hempseed Tabouli, Olive Tapenade, and Herbal Hummus. Classes are Free to the Public. Call the libraries directly to make your reservation.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 5:00-6:30pm: Litchfield Park Branch Library
- More to come in the Summer Reading Program: June & July 2019.
SPRING COOKING CLASSES & EVENTS IN THE PHOENIX ARIZONA AREA
- HUMANA: March 27, 2019, April 24, 2019, May 29, 2019, 12:30-1:30pm: Humana Monthly Healthy Cooking Demo, Humana Mesa. March topic: Plant-Protein.
- PHOENIX MARKET: April 13, May 11, 2019, 10:00-11:00am: Kids Cook at the Downtown Phoenix Public Market. Melanie shops the market and then shares beautiful ways to enjoy food with the kids.
- GRANDFAMILIES PLACE: March 18, April 29, May 30, 2019, 4:30-5:30pm, Grandfamilies Place, Gregory’s Fresh Market. Kids learn how to prepare simple healthy dishes, then plate and serve to their grandparents.