By Melanie Albert, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition, Intuitive Cooking Expert, and Award-Winning Cookbook Author
POM Rhibafarms Make Your Own Veggie Tacos
I was so excited to intuitively create this week’s recipe with the POM BOX with the Pomegranate Café in Ahwatukee and Rhibafarms in San Tan Valley, Arizona.
Let’s take a look at the POM Rhibafarms Box…
This week’s recipe is inspired by the Pomegrante Café’s Guacamole, Enchilada Sauce, and Corn Tortilla. Of course, tacos, with the beautiful Rhibafarms grown broccoli, red cabbage, carrots, and radishes. Mix and match tacos with flavorful roasted and crunchy raw veggies.
INGREDIENTS from the POM RHIBAFARMS BOX
- Pomegranate Café: Guacamole, Enchilada Red Sauce, Corn Tortillas
- Rhibafarms: Broccoli, Red Cabbage, Mookum Carrots, Icicle Radishes.
ROASTED VEGGIES with Chili Spices
- 3-4 broccoli stems, sliced
- 5 carrots, sliced
- 5 radishes, sliced
- ¼ red cabbage, 1” slices
- 7 mini-sweet peppers, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp chili spices: Your choice: Ancho chili, Smoked paprika, ground cumin, oregano, ground Rhibafarms’chilis, oregano
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Slice broccoli, carrots, and radishes into bite-sized pieces.
- Grind and mix your choice of chili spices in a small bowl.
- In a bowl, gently coat each veggie with olive oil, mixed spices, & a pinch of sea salt.
- Place veggies on parchment-lined flat sheet pan, flat side down with veggies not touching.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Flip veggies.
- Roast for another 8 minutes.
- Use veggies as taco toppings.
PUMPKIN SEED CREAM
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds soaked in water overnight
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup water, adjust for desired creaminess.
- Pour all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pomegranate Café: Guacamole, Enchilada Sauce, Corn Tortilla
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 radishes, sliced
- 2 mini-sweet peppers, sliced
- ¼ cup red cabbage, sliced
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat sauté pan on medium.
- Coat bottom of pan with about 1 tbsp olive oil.
- One by one, heat corn tortilla in pan, turning to cook and crisp on both sides.
Plating: Create your Tacos
- Plate with corn tortilla on flat surface.
- Spoon sauce and pumpkin seed cream onto the top of the taco.
- Add roasted veggies, guacamole, and pumpkin seed cream.
- Garnish with the raw veggies.
Building the Tacos…
The Amazing Tacos!
Seriously, I think these are my favorite tacos ever. Made with so much love and passion. Passionate Farmer Mark Rhine, Healthy Restaurant Pioneer Cassie Tolman, and Award-Winning Cookbook Author Melanie Albert. What a fun collaboration!
A few more recipes created with the POM Rhibafarms BOX:
- Arizona Winter Greens Saute Recipe
- Cabbage: Two Ways
- Broccoli Cauliflower Flatbread
- Broccoli Cauliflower Fig Salad
- Orange Pepper Pilaf & Greens Radish Salad
Purchase Melanie Albert’s award-winning cookbook, “A New View of Healthy Eating: Simple Intuitive Cooking with Real Whole Foods”
COOKING CLASSES AT THE FARM AT SOUTH MOUNTAIN IN PHOENIX, ARIZONA
Purchase Tickets for Spring Farm-to-Table Plant-Based Intuitive Cooking with Melanie Albert and Soil & Seed Garden Farmer Billy Anthony. The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona, Sunday, March 3, 2019, 10:30am-1pm
Purchase Tickets for Raw Farm-to-Table Plant-Based Intuitive Cooking with Melanie Albert and Soil & Seed Garden Farmer Billy Anthony. The Farm at South Mountain, Phoenix, Arizona, Sunday, April 7, 2019, 10:30am-1pm
Thanks to Natural Awakenings AZ magazine for featuring my Plant-Based Chocolate Pie on the cover and Plant-Based Dessert recipes in the January 2019 issue.
PUBLIC COOKING CLASSES AT THE MARICOPA COUNTY LIBRARIES
I’m honored have been leading hands-on cooking and yoga classes with the Maricopa County Library District since 2016. For the Winter Reading Program, the class focuses on Mediterranean Plant-Based Culinary. We’ll be preparing Hempseed Tabouli, Olive Tapenade, and Herbal Hummus. Classes are Free to the Public. Call the libraries directly to make your reservation.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 5:00-6:30pm: Litchfield Park Branch Library
- More to come in the Summer Reading Program: June & July 2019.
WINTER COOKING CLASSES & EVENTS IN THE PHOENIX ARIZONA AREA
- February 18, 2019, 4:30-5:30pm: Grandfamilies Place, Gregory’s Fresh Market. Kids learn to mandoline & marinate veggies and build their own salads.
- February 27, 2019, 12:30-1:30: Monthly Healthy Cooking Demo, Humana Mesa. Melanie’s favorite “Healthy Plate”
- March 2, 2019, 10-11am: National Nutrition Month at the Downtown Phoenix Public Market
- March 19, 2019, 5:00-6:30pm: Litchfield Public Library, Mediterranean Plant-Based Appetizers
- March 27, 2019, 12:30-1:30pm: Humana Monthly Healthy Cooking Demo