by Melanie A. Albert, intuitive cooking expert, author, speaker, Founder & CEO Experience Nutrition Group, LLC
It’s been a full few days, having fun preparing my Final Project – Arizona Winter Harvest Menu – the Plantlab Culinary Cooking Course. Today I’ll share step-by-step photos of layering ingredients onto the final flatbread and some plating options. One plating presentation features many edible flowers from a local Arizona farm about half mile from my home. Hope this flatbread inspires you to make your own beautiful flatbread with your local farmers beautiful veggies.
Prep the Pizza Stone
Once the dough is prepared and rolled out for the flatbread, it’s time to put it into the oven. Click here for the Blog to prepare the Sprouted Spelt Flatbread Dough.
- Place pizza stone in oven.
- Pre-head oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm pizza brick in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove pizza stone from the oven.
- After 15 minutes remove the pizza stone from the oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees.
Cook the Flatbread and Add ingredients
- Move the flatbread to the pre-heated pizza stone.
- Lightly top the flatbread with organic extra virgin olive. The oil will make the bread a little crisp and the topping ingredients will not soak into the bread.
- Bake the flatbread for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add your sauce to the flatbread. For this flatbread, I made a beautiful white almond bechamel sauce.
- Mindfully, add your favorite toppings. Today, I added roasted veggies: tomatoes, then red peppers, then Brussels sprouts, and finally golden beets and watermelon radishes.
- Cook flatbread for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Add any extras. For this flatbread I topped with Pistachio Pesto.
In a future blog, I’ll share how I prepped the root veggies (beets, watermelon radishes) Brussels sprouts, and tomatoes.
Another plating option with lots of editable flowers.
ACTION: Have fun making your own flatbread, with local farmers veggies, and share your creations with us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NewViewHealthyEating
“A New View of Healthy Eating” book is available. Melanie is happy to gift-wrap for you and your friends.